CHILD REPORTER’S is UNICEF supported program
based on Child rights of expression and rights of participation (Article 12 and article 13 of Convention on Rights of Children (CRC).Child Reporters Initiative provides Platform to children of government schools situated in rural District to express their voice on various social issues through stories, poems and drawings.
130 middle schools in 5 districts of Jharkhand namely East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum, Simdega, Giridih and Latehar
MAJOR PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
CHANGE ENABLED during last year:
- Workshop on Child Reporters Programme with teachers and education officials
- Radio Forum of Child Reporters
- News Bulletin and Digital Diaries of Child Reporter
- Interactive Meetings with BEEO/BDO and Government Officials
- Cluster Level Activities with Child Reporters
- Media House visits of Child Reporters
- School Level Campaigns
- Art for Child Rights and Creative Writing & Presentation Skill workshop with Child Reporters
- Child Reporters Annual Meet in 5 Districts
- Child reporters Newsletter “NanhiKalam”:
- Child reporters programme on Social Media platform
- Empower children regarding their rights and encourage them to raise voice for children issues by boosting their writing and oratory skills is prime objective of child reporters progrmme.
- More than 2500 child reporters have been trained in districts; they are expressing their views with regard to child issues through stories, poem and drawing based on different child issues.