CHILDLINE 1098 service is a 24 hour free emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection. Any concerned adult or a child in need of help can dial 1098, the toll free number to access our services. CHILDLINE not only respond to the emergency needs of children but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation.
The number ten…nine….eight…that spells hope for millions of children across India has till date, been able to reached out to over 10 million children across the nation through the calls.
The CHILDLINE service is presently operational in 865 units and is ringing in 549 cities /district in across the country. It is the key component of the recent Integrated Child Protection Service and is presently under the aegis of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has been issued by the Ministry of Railways, Government of India in accordance with the direction of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi to ensure care and protection of Children in contact with Indian Railways. Subsequently a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between The Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Women and Child Development Govt. of India on 19th May 2015 at New Delhi. Recognizing the yeomen service rendered by the CHD at different Railway Station in assisting children in distress on the platforms, the Union Ministry for Women and Child development and Indian Railways has launched ‘Railway CHILDLINE’ through CHILDLINE India Foundation in 118 Railway Stations across India. The CHILDLINE service all over the country with around 750 partners emphasizes on case intervention and networking with the allied systems.
MAJOR PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
- Open House Programme
- Outreach and Awareness Programme
- Some Activities with Govt. dept. & stakeholders
- CHILDLINE Se Dosti Campaign
- CHILDLINE ADVISORY BOARD Meeting
- RESOURCE ORGANISATION MEETING
- Volunteers Meeting
- ICDS Meeting
- SHG Meeting
- Children Group Meeting
- Community Meeting
- CRC/ BRC Meeting
- Gram Panchayat Meeting
- Chowkidaar meeting
Innovations of CHILDLINE:
- Conducted Awareness Program on “World Hand Wash Day “, during the programme aware children and people on Health,Hand Wash issues and CHILDLINE 1098.
- Conducted Eye Chack up Camp with children and adults to sensitize and aware children and people about their health.
- Conducted Awareness Program on “World Human Rights Day “, during the campaign conducted children group meeting displayed flex with children group to sensitize and aware children and people on their Rights and CHILDLINE 1098.
- Conducted Programme with children group on “Children’s Day” to sensitize and aware children and people and displayed flex.
- Canopy activity to Sensitize and aware to people about 1098 in Market at Haldi Pokhar.
CHANGE ENABLED during last year:
- We provided Medical assistance to 28 children out of 38 cases.
- We provided shelter or restored 30 children to different Institutions, Hostels and their Home.
- We stopped 13 Child Marriage cases out of 14 cases.
- We rescued 1 Child Labour out of 21 cases.
- Approx 15 missing children were found and came back to their home out of 17 cases.
CHILDLINE 1098 is Childline India Foundation (CIF) supported program under the aegis of Adarsh Seva Sansthan,Sonari. CHILDLINE is India’s first 24-hour, free, emergency phone service for children in need of aid and assistance. CHILDLINE work for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections.
CHILDLINE is a platform bringing together the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India, Department of Telecommunications, street and community youth, non-profit organizations, academic institutions, the corporate sector and concerned individuals. CHILDLINE stands for a friendly ‘Didi’ or a sympathetic ‘Bhaiya’ who is always there for vulnerable children 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year. Whether you are a concerned adult or a child, you can dial 1098, the toll free number to access the services. 1098 not only respond to the emergency needs of children but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation.
SUPPORT SINCE:Since 2016
MAJOR PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
- Ensure that all calls are responded to and recorded in an appropriate manner with no delay as per guidelines and protocols developed by CIF, and keeping the best interest of the child in focus.
- Ensure that all intervention calls received on CHILDLINE 1098 are responded to and followed up on as per the intervention protocols prescribed by CIF.
- Ensure that all cases sourced through outreach are responded to and recorded in an appropriate manner with no delay as per guidelines and protocols developed by CIF, and keeping the best interest of the child in focus
- Plan with the Resource Organisations for the long-term rehabilitation of the child, based on the needs of the child, keeping the best interest of the child in focus.
- Interact with the Allied Systems to enhance effectiveness of intervention
- Ensure that all calls and cases are documented and updated from time to time both manually as well as entered into the computer assisted data management system using ChildNET (or other such) software.
- Submit reports to the CIF – of financial matters and activities – as per as per the requirements of CIF.
- Test connectivity from different telephone exchange areas in the city / district.
- Conduct outreach amongst PCO owners, to make them CHILDLINE friendly.
- Organise weekly meetings of CHILDLINE staff and maintain documentation of the same.
- Organize periodical meetings with volunteers’ .and maintain documentation of the same
- Prepare a monthly outreach plan to make children and the client-system aware of the Child Protection Activities, focusing on the most marginalized child in the city.
- Raise necessary resources for Child Protection Activities.